- ROMAD Endpoint Defense is the fully functional next generation antivirus that is using innovative patented approach to chase the malware.
- It classifies hundreds of millions of malwares strains according to their genetic code and identifies the families that they belong to.
(( Hi, sorry to interrupt you. We hope your finding this review informative. We invite you to join in developing a crowd sourced review about this project. Please use the MORE REVIEWS button for info on other projects and the link above to create an account and post your comments about this Project Review. ))
- ROMAD fights malware families, not the individual strains. It is able to combat the malware “DNA”. It processes billions of the system calls in real time.
- Link: Beta Version
- ROMAD offers a unique distribution business model. The antivirus is distributed completely free of charge. The end users are paying only for the successfully repelled attacks. No attack, no payment. The repelled attacks are written on the blockchain and therefore are free to be verified by anyone.
- RoBust Defense token (RBDT) – is the ROMAD Defense token (RBDT) with the associated license key for the ROMAD Endpoint Defense next-generation antivirus.
- It is generally thought the cyberattacks are going to grow in the foreseeable future. The digital extortion will continue to be one of the main threat vectors in 2018. This will motivate cybercriminals to find the new and creative ways in ransomware usage.
- Today malware is the main cyberthreat. AV industry efforts are focused on fighting it. The classic AVs chase the individual strains. This is why they need the time to describe each strain.
- Sometimes the whole process takes a couple of hours, sometimes it takes a couple of months. While the AVs are chasing this specific sample, the new one arrives. This effectively means the PC is never, in fact, protected.
- 50 malware families are responsible for 80% of all the strains. Therefore, ROMAD Endpoint Defense is not fighting with the millions of the new strains. ROMAD Endpoint Defense instead fights with tens of the malware families.
- ROMAD contains the two big subsystems:
- Multi-tier filtering system – filters the system calls
- Malware GenomeТМ database – implements the bioinformatics algorithms to search for the behavioral malware “DNA”s.
- ROMAD Endpoint Defense detector uses bioinformatics algorithms to search for the malware “DNA”s within the flow of the system calls.
- The ROMAD Endpoint Defense user interface (UI) is extremely simple. The vast majority of the end users are not the experts in cybersecurity, so should not dwell too deep into the project settings.
- ROMAD Endpoint Defense uses the longest common subsequences (LCS) from the system calls logs. Thus, it is able to extract the commonalities between the different malware families.
- ROMAD Endpoint Defense will write the successfully repelled malware attack data on the blockchain. Hash from the virus file, the timestamp, the amount of money withdrawn, everything will be written on the blockchain.
- ROMAD blockchain will be implemented with the following design principles in mind:
- Power consumption: One more issue of the PoW-based blockchains is the power consumption. It is calculated the mining now consumes more kWt*h than certain countries.
- Disk space: This is a serious issue for the PoS-based consensuses. The digital signatures are starting to consume a significant part within the transaction record.
- True decentralization: The token owners that hold a significant token amounts can impose their decisions.
- Sabotage counteraction. Any blockchain including ROMAD’s one is only needed when it contains no garbage data.
- ROMAD blockchain is based on a hybrid Proof-of-Authority (PoA) and Proof-of-Reputation (PoR) model.
- ROMAD Endpoint Defense will write a record on the blockchain that contains the malware family name and the license key when the malware is detected and blocked.
- ROMAD uses Delegated Byzantine Fault Tolerant (dBFT) consensus for its Proof-of-Reputation stage.
- ROMAD uses the reputation instead the deposits. Each token owner can vote for a delegate.
- ROMAD consensus implementation is round based. The verificators are processing a single transactions block for a single round. The transactions block processing operation is globally atomic. Once the round is over the block is either complete or not.
- In ROMAD scenario the end users are paying for the result, enjoying the full power of the next-generation AV meanwhile.
- ROMAD Endpoint Defense was created with the performance in mind.
- ROMAD Endpoint Defense is a single player to penetrate the business-to-consumer (b2c) segment within the NGAV niche.
- ROMAD Endpoint Defense does not require 24/7 uptime. It does not even require an hourly update like classic AVs. An update once per month is sufficient.
- It has a developed ability to perform the system’s rollback and remediation. Malware Genome database is thoroughly created in a way to block the malware before any irreversible damage is made.
- It will use the multi-layered defense algorithm to detect 0-days with no detection-gap and minimal CPU usage.
- Their cloud servers are going to work with the run-time attributes transmitted by the clients. They are going to be the most complex ML models that will use Deep Neural Networks, Convolutional Deep Neural Networks and Long-Short Term Memory that require lots of CPU/RAM power.
- The ongoing cryptocurrency rise could not go unnoticed by the cybercrime. There are numerous malware families actively hunting for the cryptowallets:
- Windows-based: CryptoShuffler, ComboJack, SpriteCoin, SovietMiner, ComboJack
- Mobile-based: ExoBot, BankBot, Marhcer, Mazar.
- It will inspect all access requests to the protected process for the malware behavior patterns. In case when the pattern is detected, the benign process is blocked. The dangerous access pattern in their scenario may be even a simple read access to the protected process address space.
- The mobile version of the tokens owner’s cabinet will be released soon after the TGE is over.
- The Defense token gives you the ability to protect your own devices and get the benefit. To be able to get the benefit, you have to freeze your ERC-20 tokens on the company’s cryptowallet.
- The Defense token owner will get their benefits from the fee for the successfully repelled malware attacks. The more license keys are activated means more malware attacks repelled, means more benefits for the token owner.
- The fee to repel a single malware attack is the equivalent of 1 USD. When ROMAD Endpoint Defense repels the malware attack, it automatically withdraws the equivalent of 1 USD from the end user’s balance.
- ROMAD specialists have collected the data from the numerous independent sources to compute the average number of the malware attacks on the hypothetical worldwide device per year. The mathematical model had calculated the number of the attacks that is close to 8 per annum. So, the average end user is going to pay about the equivalent of 8 USD per annum.
- ROMAD Endpoint defense will repel the first two malware attacks for free. This is a small bonus from the ROMAD team.
- In the worst possible scenario, the end user will pay no more than the equivalent of 12 USD per annum.
- 11K+ telegram users, 2.5K+ followers on Facebook and 1.6K+ Twitter followers
- They have got 31 subscribers for their YouTube channel and hardly any views for their videos.
- ROMAD has received a number of prestigious awards:
- Security Shark Tank® Cupertino winner in 2016.
- Shark Tank® San Francisco winner in 2017.
- 3.7 ratings on ICO bench.
- ROMAD next generation antivirus will protect its users from all known malware families. They will also build a community-based joint sensor network to combat 0-day malware families in the future.
- By 2020 they plan to launch wallets and mobile applications, by 2022 Romad can be top-3 antiviruses of the world.
Pre – Sale Price 1 ETH = 4,500 RBDT
Price in ICO 1 ETH = 3,800 RBDT
Country Hong Kong
Whitelist/KYC KYC & Whitelist
Restricted Areas USA
Pre – Sale 20th Aug – 20th Sep 2018
Public-Sale 25th Sep – 25th Oct 2018
Tokens for Sale: 500,000,000
Soft Cap 10,000 ETH
Hard Cap 68 000 ETH (Approximately) – They have recently concluded an agreement with Chinese partners, so they are reviewing the information on hardcap and timing of sales.
Total Token Supply 1,000,000,000
Token Supply Breakdown Team – 10%
Advisors – 3%
Early partners – 6%
Bounty – 5%
Private preSale – 16%
PreSale – 12%
Pre ICO – 12%
ICO – 10%
ROMAD Fund – 26%
Bonus >100ETH + 5%
>200ETH + 10%
>500ETH + 20%