- Gemstra (or “Gemstra Foundation”) is a blockchain-integrated ecosystem that democratizes and liberates social selling for the global retail economy.
- They launched the first social selling marketplace (BOUTIQUES Marketplace) in July 2017 to connect retail brands to social selling, giving sellers freedom to choose products and brands they want to represent. In less than 10 months, BOUTIQUES added 8 brands, 3000 sellers, and was on track to over $5 Million in annualized sales volume.
- Gemstra provides open source software and an SDK for Merchants to integrate with ASTRA.
(( Hi, sorry to interrupt you. We hope your finding this review informative. We invite you to join in developing a crowd sourced review about this project. Please use the MORE REVIEWS button for info on other projects and the link above to create an account and post your comments about this Project Review. ))
- To democratize a historically leveraged model, they developed a smart contract solution called ASTRA Platform as an infrastructure solution for retailers (“Merchants” in ASTRA) to integrate their existing systems or Gemstra’s open source software to host their social selling business.
- Gemstra will make the BOUTIQUES marketplace software open source and create the Gemstra SDK so any merchant (retailer) can easily add a social selling channel to their business.
- Gemstra disrupts a social selling industry worth over $180 billion worldwide ($35 billion US).
- Gemstra is building a blockchain-integrated ecosystem (ASTRA Platform) and token economy (GMS Token) to unlock social selling to the entire retail market. ASTRA is a smart contract platform. It leverages blockchain technology to put data back in the hands of sellers and enable retailers (called “Merchants” in the Gemstra ecosystem) and brands from the $24 trillion global retail economy to join social selling.
- Solutions Offered:
- BOUTIQUES – A decentralized marketplace for social selling:
- Gemstra launched a proof-of-concept social selling marketplace called BOUTIQUES in July 2017 that gives sellers the ability to choose brands and products they want to sell and invites brands from the broader $24 trillion retail economy to participate by simply integrating their catalogs.
- ASTRA – A smart contract platform:
- The success of BOUTIQUES inspired Gemstra to build a broader solution to liberate social selling to the broader retail economy (worth over $24 trillion globally). ASTRA is a blockchain-integrated platform that serves as technological infrastructure for social selling.
- GMS Token – Exchange of value, rewards, gamification, and governance
- By tokenizing ASTRA with the GMS Token, Gemstra reduces friction in the social selling transaction. GMS is an ERC20 token that serves as the most cost-effective method of exchanging and storing value. GMS is the default method of commission payment to Sellers.
- GEMSTRA MODEL
- VALUE to the Actors:
- Sellers drive sales for Merchants and Brands through direct promotion and social influence. Previously, Sellers were confined to a single merchant and risked losing their customers, teams, and incomes should they seek mobility. (eg. An Amway rep cannot take her customer and transaction data with her should she want to join another company.)
- Merchants administer software, host the genealogy (network), define the compensation (architecture) plan, and provide the platform for Sellers to transact with their customers by selling products from Brands. Merchants can easily participate in ASTRA by using BOUTIQUES open source software or integrating ASTRA with their existing platforms through an SDK. Like in the broader retail economy, Merchants are curators of Brands.
- Brands provide their catalog and define custom commission levels at Merchants they integrate with. Brands can integrate with multiple Merchants to access different genealogies (networks) of Sellers and Customer.
- ASTRA decentralizes the social selling model by ascribing ownership and management of data to the appropriate actor. A system of smart contracts governs all transactions within the ecosystem. User wallets govern access rights to data for actors in the ecosystem.
- ASTRA will use two decentralization platforms. Gemstra will host smart contracts on the Ethereum blockchain using ERC20 standard and store data objects using Interplanetary File System (IPFS). GMS Token is an ERC20 token for ASTRA.
- ASTRA creates an open ecosystem for social selling where the actors (see below) can define how to interact with one another through customizable commission, gamification, and recognition models.It creates a commonwealth economy that gives each operator the freedom to choose how to maximize their selling model.
- The BOUTIQUES Marketplace is the first social selling marketplace. BOUTIQUES served as proof of concept for the need to decentralize social selling. BOUTIQUES allow Brands to integrate their catalogs and quickly add a social selling channel.
- The Backoffice Dapp is where Sellers go to manage their social selling business. The default homepage of Backoffice is a dashboard that describes earnings, rankings, and next milestone achievements.
- 3K+ telegram users, 5.3K+ followers on Facebook and 5.5K+ Twitter followers.
- 6 ratings on ICO bench.
LONG TERM STRATEGY:
- Gemstra’s mission is to make social selling accessible and awesome for everyone. Social selling, traditionally called “direct selling”, utilizes multi-level selling models that rewards people (called “Sellers” in the Gemstra ecosystem) for influencing sales through promoting brands to their social network.
- Social selling is a large and growing industry, yet it is extremely captive and mostly unavailable to the broader retail market.
- Their plan is to create the SDK so that Shopify can be integrated with ASTRA. Magento and other popular ecommerce frameworks to follow.
- 2020 – Annual Goal: 1000 Brands / 100 Merchants International Growth: China, Korea, Taiwan, Japan, EU
- 2021 – Two-Year Goal: 20,000 Brands / 1,000 Merchants International Growth: Russia, Brazil, India, Canada, Australia
- 2023 – Five-Year Goal: 100,000 Brands / 5,000 Merchants
- 2028 – Deployed Worldwide
- Strong team and KYC done. I like the vision as social selling has a massive growth potential. However, I do have concerns over the lower % of tokens distributed in ICO and projections. But I think with the existing growth potential for this space, it is achievable with a strong team as this. – Karnika Yashwant (ICO Marketing Expert | Launch Strategist | Global Branding and Fundraising Master)
- The vision is surely strong and has been proven to be successful in Asia (China in particular). Use of blockchain surely adds corresponding benefits to the infrastructure. 8 brand partners are advantageous, however the team should be increased and improved. Nikolay Zvezdin (ICO Investor and Advisor).
Pre-Sale 1 GMS = 0.00385 USD
Price in ICO 1 GMS = 0.00385 USD
Whitelist/KYC KYC & Whitelist
Restricted Areas USA
Pre-Sale 1st Oct,2018 – 31st Oct,2018
Public- Sale 1st Nov,2018 – 30th Nov,2018
Tokens for Sale: 6,400,000,000
Soft Cap 3,000,000 USD
Hard Cap 18,000,000 USD
Total Token Supply 16,000,000,000 GMS
Token Supply Breakdown Token Sale – 40%
Growth – 30%
Team – 20%
Advisors & Partnership – 10%
Bonus 25% Bonus: Presale Round 1 (Oct 1- 15)
15% Bonus: Presale Round 2 (Oct 16 – 30)
No Bonus: Public Sale (Nov 1 – 30)