- Ehab is the first crowdfunding platform for people-led affordable housing on the blockchain.
- It is a blockchain based platform which decentralises the development and financing of residential property. This platform creates an ecosystem that puts collaboration at the center and allows any number of stakeholders to co-create the housing they need and can afford.
- It is entirely powered, and made auditable, by the blockchain, tokens and smart contracts.
(( Hi, sorry to interrupt you. We hope your finding this review informative. We invite you to join in developing a crowd sourced review about this project. Please use the MORE REVIEWS button for info on other projects and the link above to create an account and post your comments about this Project Review. ))
- Using a combination of blockchain and other technologies the platform collects demand data, automatically matches users to housing projects based on this data, empowers a group of total strangers to co-design a project and reach consensus.
- The platform is in beta, you can make an account over at https://platform.ehab.co/
- The global housing crisis is a problem which requires a holistic approach; that enables thriving communities to be established whilst raising the standards of house building across the board. They intend to achieve this by transitioning the residential house building sector from a centralized, unsustainable, profit driven sector. To one which is led by people, maximizes human well-being, minimizes impact on the environment and allows for a more equitable distribution in the financial gains of housing.
- For individual people or families ehab means giving, them the customer, choice over how their house is designed. It means providing them with clear information about the costs and benefits of certain house types, so they can make the best decision for their future in that house.
- On the neighbourhood scale this means groups of people making collective decisions about things which will affect them and their families. This is direct democracy and the blockchain is the perfect way to facilitate this process. Ehab doesn’t expect this direct democracy to stop at aesthetic decisions though.
- The creation of new cities will eventually have to happen. The human population is rapidly urbanising and rising sea levels could see the many low lying cities made uninhabitable in the next 100-200 years.
- Any future city must meet the needs of its inhabitants, and enable them to flourish, whilst also allowing for citizens to have an equitable say in how it is developed and its continuing evolution.
- The ehab platform in the first instance gathers the requirements from the potential inhabitants and starts to build a database of different needs. This data could then be integrated with the most up to data about the best percentage of urban green spaces, the ideal width of cycle paths, the optimum heights of tram pathways etc.
- The platform will be used by individuals and communities as a payment mechanism, a mechanism for direct democracy and micro-grid management. The tool could be used for people to propose citywide initiatives, digital improvements, physical improvements, art projects or events and then crowdfund the capital requirements for these projects.
- Project pipeline:
- Bromford Lab – Bromford is a housing association which manages 28,271 homes across the UK. Ehab has partnered with Bromford to create completely new ways of delivering social housing in the UK.
- Cambridge Norwich Tech Corridor : The tech corridor project has garnered £500 million of investment:
- To create 24,000 new jobs
- To build 20,000 new homes
- Ehab will be a primary partner in helping deliver the 20,000 new homes in a completely new, digitally enhanced way.
- The platform collects detailed housing demand information from people wanting and needing housing. This information is used to automatically match you to relevant developers and projects in the areas you want to live.
- When a project is formed the users in that project are able to take design decisions about their own homes, and are empowered to collectively plan the housing project via blockchain based voting systems to reach a consensus on the neighbourhood’s designs.
- The platform uses a native utility token. These interact with the smart contracts to allow for the seamless transfer of value between stakeholders in a project.
- This platform is modular and is therefore intended to be upgradable to accommodate the continuous evolution of housing and urban development and so they can continue to add value to their users and the network.
- 1 in 4 humans currently live in informal settlements and 1 in 8 live in slums that is an indication of just how poorly the current model of housing delivery is performing.
- The problem is: people have had almost no say in how their homes are built. They are typically passive observers, buying or renting the housing that is provided or was available on the market.
- With ledger technology going hand-in-hand with innovative process to manage and monitor housing construction, blockchain can be the vehicle to bring much-needed disruption to this dated industry.
- Global affordable housing is an under-served market, Deficits in Key markets:
- UK: 107,110 units per year (14)
USA: 7.4million units in total
~5.45million units in total
5 million units required by 2021
- In total to satisfy the demand for urban living, around 1 billion new homes will need to be created by 2025. This consistent global demand for new urban areas is a considerable opportunity.
- Community driven development is a big differentiator within their unique approach: individuals, organisations, schools, local government or even whole cities can co-create projects. They can then use Ehab’s crowdfunding tools to connect with both individual and institutional investors from around the world to fund new housing developments.
- Crowdfunding is a proven alternative model for housing finance. Platforms, such as Impact Housing which has raised $260m since its inception in 2001, have demonstrated the willingness of people to make property investments through crowdfunding.
- Through blockchain, they are offering transparency into the construction process that other platforms cannot guarantee. However, most importantly, they offer investors liquidity through tradable investment tokens.
- Delays in payments and verification of progress quickly cascade, which in turn push up costs and slow down project delivery. Through transparent and automated processes, blockchain scales housing development and financing.
- The world needs to build 1 billion homes by 2025 to meet the growth demand of cities. The current system for building housing is speculative and profit driven, with the majority of the gains going to the largest developers and banks.
- Housing which is within financial reach is often located in isolated areas, cutting people off from the benefits that many of us take for granted living in a city. This includes education options, jobs, healthcare, and access to food.
- Housing availability impacts housing affordability beyond lower price brackets, affecting middle income earners as well. For a housing sector that is driven by profit and not by community need, the best returns are made on luxury units.
- The Modern methods of Construction industry, MMC as it is termed, has serious potential, and significant capacity to grow rapidly to radically improve the quality of built housing. However, the primary reason MMC has failed to scale is because the housing development industry have had little incentive to adopt their techniques.
- Ehab creates projects that are community-led not developer-led. By connecting home-buyers together and giving them a voice in design and construction, projects get built that meet people’s needs. People who want affordable housing can come together on the ehab platform, where they bring the developers to listen to their needs.
- Co-created housing leads to better design housing, delivered at a price point that is affordable to the community. By giving the community the voice in the design project, not only do they get housing that matches their needs, but they can also choose to build housing through sustainable MMC techniques.
- A critical ingredient to decentralised and community-led housing development is trust. If homebuyers, developers and investors do not trust each other to act fairly and fulfill commitments, the collaboration cannot get off the ground.
- Ehab is explicitly community-first, and they guarantee this through transparent records of key decisions on the blockchain. They sell communities a proposition where they will dictate the design process of new developments.
- They are building a digital management environment for companies who use modern methods of construction (MMC) to help them scale. This includes helping them build a project pipeline (with customers), a digital project management system, a blockchain based supply chain management system and access to finance from a global pool of investors.
- They are the only crowdfunding platform that tracks contractor reputation on the blockchain. They transparently create risk indicators that enable investors to see how contractors have performed on previous projects, allowing them to make balanced portfolio investment decisions.
- 353 telegram users, 318 followers on Facebook and 817 Twitter followers.
- They are not very active on YouTube, only 5 subscribers and 140 views for their official video.
- 0 ratings on ICO bench.
- The main aim of ehab is to revolutionise the way we create, design, fund and think about urban places.
- They are supporting bromford goal to build 5.300 homes in next 5 years.
- “The team and advisors seem to be strong enough. The idea needs to be explained simpler with a stronger pitch on this page. The whitepaper is strong enough though. No MVP before the ICO, which is very important since it is becoming essential for the savvier investors in 2018.” – Rick Nassar(Blockchain Startups Analyst / Crypto Journalist / Youtuber)
- “Interesting project. I give my full support to blockchain projects that want to make the world a better place!” – Dr. Mihaly Kertesz(COO, strategist)
- The tokens will then be available on exchanges after the platforms goes live.
- Ehab may use a percentage of profits to repurchase ehab tokens from the open market at the prevailing market price, therefore the value of the token should be positively correlated to the success of the project.
- Their website is not fully functional; whitepaper is also not available on their site. We had to request it from the admin on telegram.
Pre – Sale Price It’s Over
Price in ICO 1 ETH = 20,000 EHB
Whitelist/KYC KYC & Whitelist
Restricted Areas USA, China, North Korea, Cuba, Syria, Crimea
Pre – Sale The pre sale period has closed
Public-Sale The team members are working on the pilot project right now and
will conduct another token sale in a couple of months time.
Tokens for Sale: 1,550,000,000
Soft Cap No Soft Cap
Hard Cap 50,000 ETH
Total Token Supply 3,100,000,000
Token Supply Breakdown Token Sale – 50%
Team, Advisors and Bounty – 7%
Frozen in Ehab Wallet for 12 Months – 43%
Bonus The bonus will mostly go to all the existing token holders.
There will be a small bonus for the next sale.