- COTI is a next-generation cryptocurrency that achieves high transaction throughput and low fees, while being easy to manage and providing decentralized structures for the services users have come to expect from payment platforms, such as dispute resolution mechanisms,
- COTI provides fast, easy and secure online payment solutions and an intuitive, easy-to-use exchange facility for exchanging COTI’s native currency and other digital/fiat currencies.
- Compared to credit cards and banks, COTI’s payment network will enable you to make purchases and transfers instantaneously at zero to low fees.
(( Hi, sorry to interrupt you. We hope your finding this review informative. We invite you to join in developing a crowd sourced review about this project. Please use the MORE REVIEWS button for info on other projects and the link above to create an account and post your comments about this Project Review. ))
- COTI is building a transparent and secure system that defers governance as much as possible. Most people care more about privacy and transaction costs than they do about non-traceability and anonymity.
- COTI addresses this demand by providing a payments solution that is faster, easier, more cost-effective and more reliable than existing payment networks.
- They are going to launch their MVP at the end of August 2018.
- Online payment solutions in general, and cryptocurrencies in particular, lack the ability to scale in volume and speed. Several blockchain-based technologies have been created to tackle the challenges posed by providing high transaction throughput while remaining inexpensive, but these have been met with little success. Another challenge faced is the lack of trust between unknown parties, which leads to countless chargebacks and transaction cancellations.
- COTI (Currency of The Internet) solves these challenges by using an innovative base layer protocol in the form of a directed acyclic graph-based ledger built from transactions connected through time by harnessing trust-based algorithms.
- It has built mechanisms to monitor, detect and defend against possible attacks, ensuring network security. It also introduces novel protocols to address disputes that may arise when sending transactions, a much-required feature which is not possible with other cryptocurrencies.
- It achieves a high transaction throughput by employing a directed acyclic graph (DAG) of transactions called the Cluster as opposed to a blockchain.
- It is introducing as its base layer protocol an innovative DAG-based distributed ledger technology that involves the use of Trust Scores as the key mechanism by which new, unconfirmed transactions select prior transactions to validate.
- It offers a ready-to-use service a user can revert to in cases of fraud or any other dispute related to transactions settled through the COTI payment system. The Mediation Service creates a rolling reserve for each merchant to cover possible claims and a system-wide Reserve Credit Fund (RCF) to further guarantee it.
- The COTI network uses a transparent and equitable fee model. All fees are collected by the Full Nodes, which are decentralized servers run by general users in the COTI network.
- The Cluster is based on a completely decentralized DAG, which is not stored by any central authority. The Cluster is considered the ledger, or a record of all transactions processed by the network.
- Each transaction in the Cluster receives a Trust Score based on a combination of the sending account’s historical behavior and information about the account owner. This information is given to COTI when the user first creates an account and is substantiated by supporting documentation.
- Trust Scores are the main determinant of transaction fees in COTI. Participants with high Trust Scores can expect to pay low-to-zero fees, whilst participants with low Trust Scores will need to pay higher fees.
- Each potential COTI user opens an account using a COTI wallet and is given a randomly generated private and public key. Each user has to answer several factual questions in order to create his/her Trust Score
- COTI will provide users with well-designed and inexpensive multisig and escrow accounts.
- The online payments industry encompasses over 1.6 billion people worldwide. Transactional volumes exceeded two trillion dollars in 2016 and are projected to double by 2020, while e-commerce has been amplified by increasing mobile payments. Transaction volume is forecast to reach $500 billion by 2020, and user growth is expected to increase concurrently, exceeding 150 million mobile users in the same year.
- Key Features of COTI:
- Instantaneous remittance that utilizes distributed ledger technology in the form of a DAG (directed acyclic graph) structure
- A global Trust Scoring Engine, which automatically assesses the interactions between buyers and sellers over time, assigning each network participant a unique Trust Score.
- A Mediation System that resolves disputes between transacting parties and maintains the integrity of the network.
- Currency exchange integration that provides network participants with a means of moving seamlessly between currencies — both fiat and digital — by aggregating liquidity from internal and external liquidity pools.
- COTI is developing a suite of applications and services that will provide consumers, merchants and crowdsourced mediators with seamless connectivity to the COTI network.
- Following are the key factors affecting the pace and extent of payment system:
- Scalability, Speed and consistency, Legality, Fungibility, Third party vulnerabilities, Volatility, Immutability and Complexity.
- The COTI ecosystem was designed using innovative distributed ledger technology with the goal of providing a superior payment solution that outpaces current legacy card networks and cryptocurrency technologies.
- The COTI base protocol, native currency, Mediation System and Trust Scoring Engine were conceptualized to produce a comprehensive payment solution for merchants and consumers that is both decentralized and scalable.
- The Cluster, COTI’s distributed ledger, is based on a directed acyclic graph (DAG) data structure consisting of transactions that propagate in a unidirectional pathway
- It takes a novel approach to building trust between transacting parties through its Trust Score mechanism. The Trust Score servers analyse user data, user behavior, and network payment statistics to calculate a Trust Score for each COTI network participant.
- COTI is introducing a bespoke DAG-based consensus algorithm that involves the use of Trust Scores to validate transactions. These Trust Scores collectively form Trust Chains, which are used for efficient transaction consensus and validation.
- The Mediation System serves three main objectives: decentralized governance, security and reliability.
- Typical scenarios requiring mediation include the following:
- Billing errors: The buyer completes a purchase, but later realizes that the amount paid for the goods or services was incorrect.
- Inadvertent transfers: The user inadvertently sends funds to the wrong party.
- Unauthorized charges: The user is charged an amount without having authorized the transaction.
- Undelivered goods or services: The buyer pays a merchant for goods or services but the delivery of those goods or services is not fulfilled.
- Non-conforming goods or services: The buyer pays for and receives the goods or services, but the goods or services do not conform with the description or standards the seller conveyed at the time of the purchase.
- It’s approach to mediation involves harnessing a decentralized and distributed group of independent mediators to resolve disputes. Mediators work independently to validate real world information pertaining to transaction disputes and then cast votes on a mediated outcome.
- COTI’s native digital currency sits at the center of the COTI network and fuels the interactions between consumers, merchants, mediators and node operators.
- The primary function of COTI coins is to serve as the common denominator of payments, fees and mediation and to incentivize node operators in the COTI network.
- It is developing a currency exchange that provides network participants with continuous access to liquid markets in a range of digital and fiat currency pairs.
- COTI’s main consumer offering is a multi-currency wallet that provides instant and easy access to the COTI payments network and supports a variety of consumer payment use cases.
- Peer to peer transactions: COTI users will be able to make instant, secure transfers to their peers who hold COTI wallets.
- Nearby wallet-to-wallet transactions: COTI wallet holders will be able to send funds in a secure, instant and intuitive manner to other COTI wallet holders through close physical proximity
- Storing digital and fiat currencies securely: COTI users will be able to use their COTI wallets as de facto bank accounts for the purpose of holding funds in both digital and fiat currencies.
- Exchanging digital and fiat currencies: COTI users will be able to use their wallets to move funds from one currency to another by posting market or limit orders to COTI’s exchange.
- To connect the COTI network with other payment rails, COTI is offering users access to debit cards that link directly to COTI wallets.
- The second pillar of the COTI network’s success is the extent to which it can attract and retain a large base of merchants that accept payments using COTI’s rails.
- COTI-powered merchants will have access to a dashboard that provides detailed data and reporting functionality on their COTI network transactions.
- The third pillar of the COTI network’s success is the extent to which it can attract and retain a sufficient volume of capable mediators to address the volume of disputes occurring in the network at any given time.
- They are developing a suite of tools, services and incentive programs that will support third parties with migrating their technology to COTI’s base layer protocol.
- 41K+ telegram users, 22.7K followers on Facebook and 18K Twitter followers.
- They have got 860 Subscribers for their YouTube channel and 1.9K views for their video
- 4.0 ratings – ICO bench and 4.5 ratings – icotokennews .
- COTI plans to become widely adopted by offering unique solutions that address the pain points of consumers and merchants, and by providing consumers and merchants with appropriate incentives.
- COTI’s transaction bundles will have free space set aside where future information layers can be stored. These layers may be used by other companies that wish to run information based on the Cluster, for the transfer of other currencies and datasets across the network, or for the deployment of smart contracts.
- By reconciling cutting edge distributed ledger technologies with the best of traditional payment solutions, COTI will be poised to spearhead the mass adoption of digital currencies in the mobile era.
- “One more cryptocurrency providing international payments. Unfortunately, there is nothing about how the company will be able to compete.” – Ilya Anikin(Business strategy, investment deals, investor relations).
- “Strong team and advisory board
Vision doesn`t seem unique. It was difficult to understand what exactly they are doing for mass adoption.
Don`t see MVP, WP is comprehensive though” – Pankaj Gupta(ICO Adviser, Marketing Expert, Entrepreneur in mHealth, Renewable Energy, Blockchain, Retail Space)
Pre-Sale Price N/A
Price in ICO 1 COTI = 0.1 USD
Whitelist/KYC KYC & Whitelist
Restricted Areas Restricted Countries
Pre-Sale June 4th 2018 for 2 days and available for whitelisted members only
Public-Sale It might not happen due to them reaching their funding goals already.
Tokens for Sale: 600.000.000
Soft Cap Has been reached already during the private sale
Hard Cap There is a good chance that they will hit the hard cap during the community pre-sale.
Total Token Supply 2 billion
Token Supply Breakdown Token sale (30%)
Backers, partners and advisors (10%)
Incentive program (13%)
Bonus in pre-sale n/a